The Sydney Half, part of Greater Bank RunNSW series, which incorporates the 2019 NSW Half Marathon Championships, has seen a massive boost in entries for the 2019 event this Sunday. Entries for the primary 21.1km race have increased from 365 to 900 and expected to reach 1000 when the gun fires at 7.30am on Sunday morning. It is a trend that started in May with the Sydney:10 where entries this year jumped from 900 in 2018 to 1516 this year – a 68% increase.
The day also includes the Greater Bank 7km and ‘Show Your Stripes’ 2km family fun run which is presented by Ronald McDonald House Charities.
The event includes the 31st NSW Half Marathon Championships first held in 1989. The battle for state medals will be on in the open, U20 and masters age groups. In the battle for the state championship – Belinda Martin looks the favourite to claim her fourth women’s title.
Date: Sunday 25 August 2019
Venue: outside ANZ Stadium, Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park, Homebush.
1) pre entry until 9.00am Friday 23 August
2) on the day entries are accepted.
- 6:00am – Event bib collection commences outside ANZ Stadium (near start/finish & event village areas)
- 7:20am – Elite Wheelchair Half Marathon
- 7:30am – Greater Bank Sydney Half and Greater Bank 7km Run
- 10:00am – Show Your Stripes 2km Family Fun Run (presented by Ronald McDonald House Charities)
David Tarbotton for Athletics NSW
Image: Start of the 2018 Sydney Half (courtesy of Daniel Laus)